Thursday, December 2, 2021

The Beatles: Get Back



The Beatles: Get Back
(2021 UK 3-part documentary capturing the most intimate and honest glimpse into the creative process and relationship between John, Paul, George, and Ringo;
made entirely from never-before-seen and restored footage 
shot in early 1969 
for the 1970 feature film Let It Be;
directed by Peter Jackson)
by Live Music Head
December 2, 2021


















I watched every bit of this new 3-parter.
Yes, every nook and every cranny.
I sighed, I yawned. I cried. I laughed.
Feeling every bit of the pressure, the tension, 
the boredom,
and the love and absolute joy
between,
and what is,
John, Paul, George, and Ringo.
And Maxwell’s Silver Hammer!
Painting testimonial pictures - oh, oh, oh, oh!
Footage Contains Explicit Language, Mature Themes,
and Smoking!
Viewer Discretion is Advised.
Ringo: “I farted. I thought I’d just let you know.
I was gonna sit here silent, and look at you.
Then I thought, no, I’ll tell you about it.”
Precious Beatle bits like that one are captured 
countless times throughout the 460+ minutes 
of this docu-series.
Thank you, thank you very much!
By the time they got to The Rooftop,
with Peter bringing it all back to the television screen,
looking oh-so fresh and oh-so clean –
I'd fallen madly, madly, madly in love all over again
with John, Paul, George and Ringo,
just like it was the first time.
Get Back!
And Don’t Let Me Down, I Got a Feeling, One after 909, and Dig a Pony …
never sounded or looked as good performed 
on top of that Apple
as they sounded or looked tonight,
some 50 odd years later,
when I streamed it over there on Disney+
The magic of the Beatles never fades.
Clearly.
It’s made from too much love for that.
And too much joy!


The trailer for The Beatles: Get Back....