Monday, August 19, 2013

Meeting President Clinton



Meeting Bill Clinton
42nd President of the United States of America
by Live Music Head

LMH waiting to meet Bill Clinton 11/21/11

On this day back in 1946,
Bill Clinton,
the 42nd President of the United States of America,
was born.
And I find myself remembering how I whined
about having to freeze my ass off on Bay St,
for hours,
waiting to meet him,
while the Secret Service swept the Manulife Centre.
It was a really cold day in Toronto,
the twenty-first day of November, 2011.
When the line finally started moving,
I whined even more when I was told I had to
strip down
by removing my coat, keys, camera, and phone,
to place in a plastic bin
(just like at the airport)
before entering Chapters Indigo
where the former U.S. President was doing a book signing.
I was told I could only retrieve my belongings
upon exiting the store.
But ya know what?
It was all worth it.
For once inside,
I was surrounded by powerful men in dark suits.
And I gotta say,
I just love a powerful man in a suit when he’s the first
to extend his arm to shake my hand.
Especially when the hand belongs to
a former leader of the United States,
and he looks me straight on with those eyes
while doing so.
Live Music Head:
“It’s a pleasure to meet you Mister President.
I just love saxophone players.”
A smile spread across The President’s face.
“I saw you in the Rolling Stones film Shine a Light,
and what a hoot seeing you back stage
when Keith Richards yelled out:
“Hey Clinton, I’m Bushed!’”
Bill Clinton: “That’s right! And I loved it!”
With an autographed copy of Clinton's new book 
tucked under my arm
(Back to Work: Why We Need Smart Government 
for a Strong Economy),
I was then ushered away by one of them powerful dark suits,
with my heart fluttering like a sixteen-year-old.
For when I made him smile,
I fell in love with the krinkles that formed around those eyes.
In fact,
within the 2 minutes I got to spend with him,
I was so completely charmed by Mr President
that I forgot what I read in Monica Lewinsky’s book...
about the lyin’ cheatin’ coward he was. 


Get ready to strip... as in strip-tease!
Because this is Bill Clinton playing Heartbreak Hotel
with a sexy saxophone

on The Arsenio Hall Show...