Monday, November 23, 2009

Payback ~ James Brown


Payback ~ James Brown
by Live Music Head


While standing
in the narrow stairwell of
Toronto’s Orbit Room
waiting to get into the club’s 15th anniversary R&B show
James Brown suddenly came blasting down from overhead
PAYBACK!
The impatience I was feeling soon evaporated
as this is not only my favourite James Brown song
It simply has to be
THE greatest James Brown song of all time!
My ears were instantly at attention
Does it get any groovier?
Just listen to it
Jesus, what a tune
Brings ya right back to the 70s, instantly
They don’t call him the Godfather of Soul for nothin’ brother
James Brown has more soul in his big toe
Than most so called artists out there today
Needless to say,
legs were shaking in the Orbit Room line up
Shaking straight out to College St for a full eight minutes
Give me them hits baby
I need them hits
Turn it up and
#&*@%*# hit me!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsOmvSlPuys

And as far as choreography goes
Without a doubt,
it was this video clip that Michael Jackson took his first lesson...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K3KbzjT6Sc